Tuesday, November 30, 2010

In Search of Gold....

"Shall we able to make it?"I asked.
"Why not? if you have guts to do so", said my elder sister.
Childhood days were quite exciting and sometime adventurous for me and my sister who is my best buddy. The trip to the mountain with my sister and two other gals still refresh my mind, when I was hardly 5 years old. Dad was posted to Palmpur in Himachal Pradesh those days. A place of beauty one can ever describe in words. I could view the beautiful snow covered mountain range standing right on my house Varanda. Me and my sister once made a plan to explore those mountains. She was greatly influenced by the adventurous stories in comic and I was by her. I still remember the night before the trip.
I asked my sis," dii will we get gold there on the top of those majestic mountain range?"
" Yes", she nodded , "we will dig the snow mountain and once we get the gold we will stand on the highest range and will scream,'mom look here we got gold for you",said waving her hand in air.
(for my mom to see from house to himalayas would have certainly required a high power telescope). I remember how happy and excited I felt and clanged to my sister and slept.The next whole day we both were planing on how to reach our target till noon.And after the lunch when mother was asleep, we were ready for our adventure, and were soon accompanied by our two friends who were also sister Nami and Sami( if I remember correctly). My sister packed some biscuit and few chapatti and pickle in case the trip was long.

Hence, we headed towards in search of gold. It was somewhere around 3 pm when we reached near the foot of the hill. It was covered with pine trees and thorny bushes. "
Where’s the glacier mountain", I asked my sister.
"You are real dumb", she said "have patient we have to walk a long distance to reach there", and they three had a hearty laugh. Soon we reached a small fountain running from the top of the rocks, we rested there for few minutes. My mind was full of question and doubts, but the fear of humiliation prevented me to ask them. But I was unable to hold back my query and and its always said that if you ask a question you are a fool for few seconds and if you never ask a question you are fool for ever, so at last asked,
" dii how we will dig the mountain and will we carry such a huge quantity gold found?"
She smiled and took out two sharp knife and said, "babuyi "(Appellation given by my big brother to me) I have come prepared".
" Ohh so we gonna dig with knife and what about the carry bags?" I questioned again examining the two vegetable cutting knife .
" Well, lets see we will put some in our pockets and some in this carry bag".
Soon we reached the foot of the hill.It was growing dark and trees became more denser than on the road side. Me and the other little girl was quite afraid to move forward and hold the hands very tightly.
Suddenly we could hear the howling of the jackal, which made us drenched in sweat from top to bottom. I suddenly started crying mummyyyyyyy!!!!,
accompanied by other gal and I don’t remember about the two elder gals as my eyes were flooded with tears of fear. My sister hold my hand and screamed ,
"runnnnnnnnnnnnnn quickkkkkkkkkkk".
And there we flew not towards the glacier but towards the home but alas! we were lost in the forest of pine trees. Now we four started sobbing and gold was no more glittering in our heads. Luckily a village boy happened to pass by that side and he was surprised and astonished to see us there. He showed the way and advice us to come in the day light. But I didn’t like his idea. Soon we reached home, mom was folding cloths. I just embraced my mom and she surprisingly asked,
"what happened dear?".
My sister showed her big eyes not to utter a single word of our plan or else she would have got a good amount of beating for two reason firstly she was elder and secondly it was purely her idea. Idint want to loose my best friend hence kept quite. That night I asked my sister, "
dii wat about our gold?"
She said ,"we could have done it but why u stared crying? You coward!"
and slept turning her face.
"But dii its u who said run so I ran".And there was no answer after that.

Toady my sister is married with two kids and one fine day when I asked her why she didnt said anything that night. she laughed and said,"
because I was more frighten than u, but didn’t want to lose my superiority over u."

6 comments:

  1. Great Adventure at a young age!! Alas, you didn't get Gold.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @sowji.. well we both can plan the same :) and surly we will get some gold. and promise i will not run this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aim for gold, and you'd have platinum! You had a message in your post, liked it :)

    ReplyDelete